did the icons stop?
Click here to refresh them
To select an icon,
Click on the Buddy Icon that you want. You should get a confirmation message. Click “OK” If this doesn’t work, follow the directions at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: You must have AOL INSTANT MESSENGER in order to download the AIM icon.
To download the AIM application, CLICK HERE.
How to install your AIM icons For PC users:
- Click on the icon you want above.
- You should get a confirmation message.
- Click ‘OK’
- You’re done!
For PC users with Netscape 6 browsers:
- Select the icon you want above.
- Right click once on the icon.
- Select Save Picture As…
- In Instant Messenger, click on one of your buddy’s icons, and it will take you to the Buddy Icon Preferences.
- Scroll up to where it says My Buddy Icon and click that.
- Select Browse, find where you saved your icon and select it.
- You’re done!
For MAC users:
- Open AIM, and click on the image you want above.
- The AIM Preferences window will appear.
- Select Buddy Icons from the category options on the left.
- Click on the Reveal Icons Folder button.
- Click, hold and drag the icon you want into the Shared Buddy Icons folder.
- Click OK on your preferences window, this will close the window.
- Repeat steps 1-3 then select your new icon from the list underneath My Buddy Icon
For MAC users with Netscape 6 browsers:
- Open AIM, under Edit go to Preferences.
- Go to Buddy Icons underneath Category.
- Click on the ‘Reveal Icons Folder’ button.
- Click and drag the above icon you want into the ‘Shared Buddy Icons’ folder.
- Click OK this will close your preferences.
- Reopen your Preferences and select your new icon.